The first rule is to acknowledge the person who gave the award. Thanks to Staci from Crafty Staci for her gracious comments and for landing on my blog. She is quite the crafter herself, and it’s been fun to look at her blog and get a sense of her style (she’s one of my craft giveaway winners). I love discovering new blogs and sharing some of the fun things I learn from them.
The next rule is to tell you seven things about myself. Here goes:
- I had my first car wreck when I was two. I decided to hop in the driver’s seat while the car was idling and figured out how to put it into gear. Apparently I stood on the driver’s seat and steered the car over a curb and into a telephone pole while my poor mom chased the car. I believe that I was unphased by the whole incident.
- I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas so that I could add sewing to my paper crafts and make curtains. I’ve sewn on one card, and haven’t put a stitch into curtains. I’ve sure had fun with everything else though.
- One of the things on my list of things to do before I die is to read all the books on the Modern Library’s list of the 100 Best Novels of the 20th century. I’m about half way through. It’s a long, arduous list, but I will make it. (Although Ulysses may be the death of me….)
- I have an aversion to the post office. I don’t know what it is, but I seriously avoid the place.
- I am a terrible story teller. I’ve made a living by writing, and yet I cannot tell a story for anything (see #1 for a prime example of this). My sisters could have you rolling on the floor with that story, but my writing style is too direct for stories.
- Another of my goals is to write a really good short story. Ironic, I know, after that last fact. But think more along the lines of a Cisneros story (“Eleven” is my favorite of hers)–stripped down to the simple and heartfelt. Describing emotion. I can do that.
- Apparently, I have no problem writing about myself, although I’m not much of a talker.
Rule number three – pass this award on to three blogs.
This is the hardest one for me. I wanted to share three amazing blogs that you may not know about and that really fit the “versatile” category in my mind. I knew I wanted to share my friend Angie’s blog with you (talk about a versatile and super talented woman–I’m impressed daily by her crafting, her mothering, and her down-to-earth goodness). But the other two took some research. Here’s what I found.
Emily Southerland. Mingled with her photography is a real mom. I dig “real” people.
Beat Until Fluffy. Divine desserts, great photos, and a passion for what she does.