Saige has reached the stage where she can start eating a few finger foods. In anticipation, I sat down and made these pocketed bibs. I was getting tired of washing two bibs a day in the laundry, and wanted something I could wipe down and use again. I have also heard that pockets are awesome once they start eating foods because lots of the food ends up on their laps.
I got a remnant of this houndstooth oilcloth for cheap, but hadn’t been able to decide what to do with it. I was thinking changing pad, but never got around to it. But I think it’s perfect as a bib. I used the same pattern I always use, but just traced the bottom part again on another piece of oilcloth for the pocket. Then, I put the binding on the pocket, pinned the pocket in place, and put the binding on the rest of the bib, securing the pocket in the meantime.
I initially thought I’d like the red binding better, but when it was all said and done, I like the black one best.
And they do catch a lot of stuff. Bring on the animal crackers!