It’s funny how so much can go on in just a week or two. I feel like Im just catching my breath from Christmas but it’s already almost a week into January.
So I’ll just recap a few things.
- December 31 (Chad’s project deadline that is keeping us here in Colorado) came and went. Project completion is getting closer, but that makes two moving dates null and void now. And it’s okay that we’re still here. We’re together; we’re happy.
- On the flip side of that note, moving time is approaching although we don’t know exactly when. I’m starting to get motivated to clear things away, organize them as best as I can for boxing, and eating all the food in the fridge/freezer/pantry. We’re still a ways away, but it’s coming.
- I got to meet up with a dear friend for lunch, and it was so nice to see her again. And it’s funny how 6 years doesn’t change some friendships even with so many changes in our lives.
- Getting sick is terrible. I don’t do it often, and I’m quite the baby. But somehow, in the midst of all the puking, I was joking and trying to lighten the situation since we were all (minus Brynley) afflicted.
- I’ve been granted many tender mercies the past week or two. I’ve been near or at tears several times and then small merciful pleas have been granted. I’m so grateful for the small things. I am so blessed.
- Yesterday was our 5th anniversary. We were still feeling icky, so we watched a movie in bed and postponed our real celebrations until next week. But it’s the little things like being sick together and giving each other the chance to sleep in (while the other watches the kids) that makes marriage real and worth it. I love that man!
And that is my little outpouring for the day.